Sunday, March 05, 2006

T.E.A.M

We came, we laughed, we CONQUERED.

Jubilant scenes were all around in the Innova Soccer camp as our

heroics proved too much for the unbeaten Anderson JC side to

handle, as we turned out 1-0 winners.

As the coach read out his starting eleven for the match, I was

cock-sure I'll not be involved. But, as fate would determine,

I was once again the Attacking Mid with Pablo Aiman covering

me defensively.

Perhaps I was the creative spark in the 1st half as I tormented the

opposition with my mazy runs and feint etc. Only problem is that,

this ain't an exhibition match and my lack of confidence in shooting

made sure that all that hard work came to nought and AJ were lucky

to have survived that onslaught.

2nd half I began playing for a draw as my thigh was giving problems

and Mr Koh didn't have the "Magical, Miracle" Spray to soothe the

pain or ease the misery.

Then it came.

Yamin's miskicked pass found Zul who layed the ball off to me.

I let the ball run and twisted past my marker and hit a left foot

pass to the heart of the AJ penalty box to Zul and he had to

score.

That he did, and we celebrated with much aplomb as me and

Zul ran to the sidelines greeted by our ecstatic team mates

as we pranced around in delirium.

I then made way for Eshwin in the last 5 mins of the match.

Our players displayed true grit and determination to keep

the AJ attacks at bay with Faizal very much up to the task.

In the end, Innova prevailed.

It is awe-inspiring that we areso closely-knit and have as much

passion for the game.

Finally, it is apt to call ourselves Team Innova.

No comments: