Sunday, January 29, 2006

Winger

Never have I been to the neighbourhood wet market feeling

lonely and unscrutinised. It was like those cowboy flicks where

there's a ball of hay rolling around as sand and dust impairs

your vision. And I hadta scour for a newspaper shop ..

and found absolutely positively none.

And so my household went Newpaper-less for today.

Lot1 was surprisingly empty as well. I'd expected at least

five or more retail outlets to be open. I did happen during

Yuletide. It sure did open during Hari Raya.

Oh, shucks.

But at Tiong Bahru Plaza was a different scenario altogether.

Streams of people, most were chinese, clad in their New Year

western clothes frequented the food outlets having some sort

of gathering. Kinda ironic since it was CNY and i believed most,

if not all Chinese people were busy visiting.

It's kinda sad actually to see them Chinese not really showing off

their traditional garb and celebrating it with at least a bit more

tradition. Or I might be wrong? Maybe I'm just seeing the few

not-so-good apples. But there was this angmoh who wore

a Chinese velvet costume. Velvet i tell you!

Nuff of me, more of those fortune cookies.

Gong xi fa cai, ang pow na lai

No comments: