Sunday, April 16, 2006

Unjust Universe

Lemme fully use this space to bitch, rant, complain and digress.

First and foremost, It would take a huge miracle for IJ soccer team

to advance to the semis, and even larger miracle than the one ManU

needs to win the title after their lugubrious stalemate against

Sunderland.

AND, LIFE is unfair. Unjust. Un-derwear man.

It's like I spent the bulk of my time thinkin football, watching

football and playing the goddarn ball.

And my efforts have not exactly reaped the results that mirror

the gargantuan effort put in.

Im puttin on a brave front but frankly, Im gutted. My heart aches

to be always on the losing side, the underdogs, the underachievers.

Fate always deals me a cruel blow and good news never comes

from my soccer. Eff.

Due to the amount of time splurged on futbol, my studies have

been left in the lurch.

And ultimately, my grades have been wayward. Terribly wayward.

Im too embarrassed to even type it out cuz they're horrible.

Which makes me think ( I can, think!) should I just let my chilhood

dream of playing soccer at the highest level evaporate into the

smog- laden sky, or achieve such awesome grades and

eternally be a disappointment to my parents.

The opportunity cost is high; my dreams vs my future

My life vs my parents' expectations

Should I disappoint them? Or myself?

At times I feel like breaking down and shed un-crocodile tears.

But I realise tears will not get me a place in a local U, or accepted

into an S-league tandem.

Perhaps I should just hang up my boots, pump the air outta the ball

and hit the books much more frequently.

Any intelligent beings out there care to offer some help?

Cuz' I jolly well need it.

No comments: