Monday, March 05, 2007

Determination

Almost 0215 hours and I've just witnessed one hell
of a humdinger of a match.
The london derby between westham and tottenham
was of the greatest quality leaving even the most
nonchalant of fans at the edge of their seats.
Right from the get-go to the final whistle

( a whopping seven minutes of injury time)
it was a passionate and all-action affair that
tottenham snatched at the dead.
west ham would feel hard done by but martin

jol's side WILL take anything.
Carlos Tevez had a stormer and should be named MoM,
with an excellent freekick goal(his 1st!)

and two top- drawer assists from Le Scarface.

Sucha match brought back memories of my own
as silent pictures of Innova's match against CJ l
ast season played out at the back of my mind.
I was only slightly concussed but I had

chickened out from the starting eleven with the
butterflies overcoming my conscience and my talents.

I had given up way too easily.
I wasn't determined at all.
Though my team lead through 3 stunning goals
in the 1st half, our defence simply vaporised
in the sweltering heat in the second half
as the CJ attack cut us up like knife through hot butter,
or margarine (if you're THAT health conscious).

I suddenly sense the opportunity to make a name
for myself and told Dalis I was fit for action.
I was brought on and frankly all I did was a
few dummies, a lil one twos and alot of spectating.
We did not win that match neither did we lose.
A sickening draw was registered and I never did
recapture the form that I had in the
NorthZone Tournament.

Fact is, I wasn't mentally tough and headstrong.
I wasn't determined.
I gave up too fuckin' easily.

And as last Friday proved, my weaknesses were
exploited to its bare essentials.
In times of hardship, I simply gave up and took the
easy way out.
With As and Bs flaunted by my friends, I could only
rue my disappointing attributes and ponder
what could have been.

But there I was, holding back a tear as my friends
jubilantly grab hold of their favoured courses in the U
as I am left to feed on scraps they've left behind.

It's tragic.
And it ain't sexy.

No comments: