Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Paradigm Shift

3 days has elapsed since I've made my weary ass from the Muddy Estuary.
And, it has been 3 days into my new posting.
A Platoon Commander at the Basic Rescue Centre(BRTC).

We were briefed on our roles and our appointments earlier on.
I am PC for Bravo Coy Platoon 4 and my current men are gonna pass out in two weeks.
Talk about perfect timing.
Oh, and I gotta say my admin boys really suck cuz they didnt bother to go around tryina scout for their new 'Sir' or assist me with the paperwork or logging in and stuff.
I hope this is just the initial inertia or anymore ineffecacies; I'll charge them and ensure they get lock up in Detention barracks' Dark room, go crazeh, eat their own shit and get locked up in the Padded Cell.
But I'm not that cruel.

Anw, met up with the POP boys earlier this morning and the mood was real high.
They saluted me and this wasnt really smth familiar.
I just commissioned dude!
Self introduction followed and I gotta know their names(name tage big help), their nicknames, their educational background and why they're proud to be in the Force(propaganda but well ..)
I introduced myself and said a few things, that on hindsight I felt was a bit negative.
Nonetheless, the milk has been spilt. All I can hope for is they'll forget what I've said haha like most recruits do and learn from this shortcoming.
I gotta plan what to say, do and act.
I gotta be confident to make them feel confident.
I gotta talk less, do and let them do MORE.
I gotta add more 'I gottas ..... " when I'm through with this batch.

I do hope they've a high and mighty impression of me.
Young leftenant, tall, dashing, charming, talks well, confident
hahaha but I think they see me as adik-adik or kental.

We'll see gentleman, we'll see hahahah

No comments: