Thursday, February 23, 2006

S Rajaratnam

As flags fly at half-mast, an unknown blogger pays a tribute to one

of the founding fathers of Independent Singapore. He who had a

plethora of dreams for the country that he had adopted, and not

taken granted for. He, who rose through adversity to become one

of the finest politicians in Singapore History. And he, whose typical

verve in writing and speech astound many.

Honestly, I never knew the depth of S Rajaratnam's contribution.

Heck I only know him as the dude whose penflow created the

National Pledge. Which, by the way, is prestigious enough.

I never knew him to be a man of wide vocabulary and acerbic wit.

In the papers' words, he was the nation's wordsmith.

And for your talent to be recognised by someone as distinguished

as George Orwell (4 legs good, two legs bad?), THAT is something.

Though I'd never known him, I believe he IS an individual who

can inspire those around him and spur them to make their lives

more meaningful and more worth living.

Cuz one thing's for sure, I was.

May he Rest in Peace.

No comments: