Saturday, May 06, 2006

Shy

So, A division is all but over.

Innova Jc soccer team came in to much fanfare having

won the annual Anderson Cup, but sadly, bow out

of the equation with a whimper.

I'm dejected to say the least, but hey, at least I'd

played right.

More importantly, what the coach said after the match

was more pertinent to me.

To be successful in anything, one must work very very hard.

And never be shy.

He quoted himself as an example.

He has poor proficiency in English and found it very hard

to piece a proper sentence.

But he wasnt shy and got himself a Chinese girlfriend,

that turned out to be his wife.

His command of the language is improving, thanks to his

wife and his will to succeed.

What I see from this is that you might lack that certain

quality that you think others want you to have.

You're too self conscious.

My coach was self-conscious but not to a negative extent.

Just use whatever that you have and bring em' out and never

be worried about your weakness.

I realise I am overly self-conscious and as such have a painful

time tryina snag myself a babe, or even ask questions to absolve

my doubts in studies and whatnots.

As such Im languishing with poor records and a clean list of Exs.

And oh hi Serina!

No comments: